These are taken away from Carol Wilder's Understanding Media Studies course at The New School.
- What do I want to know?
- Why does it matter? To whom?
- What do we already know about the subject?
- What is a workable research question?
- How can I find the answer?
- How can I analyze the results?
- What conclusions can I draw?
- What can I contribute to future studies?
- How can I communicate the result to others?
This post is set up to be a reminder to me as I continue my masters degree. I need to be thinking about and answering these questions as I determine the research I want to do in this field.